Recreate a healthy Chipotle burrito bowl in your own kitchen in 15 minutes with slow cooker beef barbacoa, quinoa, pico de gallo, black beans, lettuce, sweet corn and whatever your heart desires.
If you’ve ordered Chipotle burrito bowl at the Chipotle Mexican Grill in your area, you know you have quite a few protein options – steak, canitas, chicken, chorizo, and barbacoa. If you are a vegetarian, they’ve got fried tofu named Sofritas on the menu.
I’ve personally tried all the protein options during my trips to Chipotle, and my favorite combo is brown rice, black beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream and a spicy salsa with Chipotle Mexican Grill barbacoa.
Guess what? You can create a Chipotle burrito bowl right at your home.
To make your burrito bowl extra healthy, you can use quinoa instead of rice. That’s what I did in this recipe. Besides that, the only other thing you’ll have to cook in this recipe is the barbacoa beef. The good news is that both of these two items can be made beforehand for different meals. You just throw leftovers in a bowl and add a few other fresh ingredients. Boom!
If you’ve made my slow cooker beef barbacoa, this is one of my preferred ways to finish up leftovers and I hope you like it too.Print
Recreate a healthy Chipotle burrito bowl in your own kitchen in just 15 minutes with slow cooker beef barbacoa and quinoa.
- 6 cups cooked quinoa
- 6 cups homemade slow cooker beef barbacoa, drained
- 1 (15.5-oz) can black beans or pinto beans, drained
- 1 (12-oz) package steamable sweet corn
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 cups pico de gallo (I used homemade)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Your favorite salsa (optional)
- Fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Prepare 4 serving bowls. Warm up quinoa in a microwave if it’s cooked ahead of time and place 1 1/2 cups quinoa at the bottom of each bowl.
- Warm up beef barbacoa and add 1 1/2 cups barbacoa to each bowl.
- Warm up black beans and steam sweet corn in a microwave. Divide beans and corn into 4 portions evenly and add to the burrito bowls.
- Now, finish assembling the burrito bowls by topping each bowl with 1/2 sliced avocado, 1/2 cup pico de gallo, 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend, 1 cup shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- If you’d like, add some salsa to your bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 823
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 1109.4mg
- Fat: 32.3g
- Saturated Fat: 11.7g
- Carbohydrates: 103.3g
- Fiber: 17.6g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Cholesterol: 55.8mg