White Chili Recipe
This white chili recipe offers a different take on dark versions of chili. While still giving you a hearty meal, it provides a healthy choice with a lighter color, flavor, and consistency.
While there are variations on chili, it’s often dark in color. You might enjoy a black bean chili, a beef-based mixture or another type darkened by the deep hues of red peppers and/or tomatoes. But when you want to enjoy the combination of flavors and the comfort of a chili dish, you also have the choice to go for a lighter style.
What is white chili?
An easy white chili recipe offers a combination of ingredients in a hearty stew form, similar to other types of chili. The difference is that it doesn’t include tomatoes, black beans, red peppers, beef or anything dark in color like the other types of chili do. Instead, the best white chili recipe will rely on chicken or turkey.
This white chili recipe is made with leftover turkey meat. I know, it’s a great post-Thanksgiving meal for you folks in the States, right?
In this recipe, the green chili peppers give you heat instead of red ones, and other flavors infused into the dish include mushrooms, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Rather than black or red beans, a white chili recipe uses Great Northern beans, cannellini beans or chickpeas.
What do you say? Give this healthy white turkey chili a try and leave a comment below to let me know how you like it.
White Chili Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Chili, Main, Gluten Free
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
This white chili recipe offers a different take on dark versions of chili. It provides a healthy choice with a lighter color, flavor, and consistency.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chili peppers
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups homemade turkey bone broth or chicken bone broth
- 4 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 2 (15-oz) cans white beans (great northern, cannellini or chickpea)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Slowly cook until fragrant.
- Mix in the green chile peppers, mushroom, cumin, and oregano. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add turkey bone broth, turkey, and white beans. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dish the chili. Add cheese and garnish with parsley leaves. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 746
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 870.9mg
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 11.9g
- Protein: 93.7g
- Cholesterol: 252.3mg
Keywords: white chili recipe
I’m a big fan of chili. I’ll for sure try to make this recipe that you have listed here. It seems simple enough, I’d just have to buy all the ingredients first.
Yum! I love chili so I will definitely be saving this for later!
The looks amazing!! Totally pinning to return to later, thanks!
That looks amazing! Once the mornings start getting chrisp towards the end of summer I start wanting all the fall warm foods!
YUM! I am so ready for chili and the fall season! This sounds like the perfect new chili recipe for me to try this year!
That looks really good! Saving this for future use!
Belle | One Awesome Momma
This looks yummy and def something I will make when it cools off!