2mgThis vegetable mango relish is a great way to bring boring meals to life. It pairs perfectly with any protein dish or can be scooped up with tortilla chips.
Get ready to channel your inner Martha Stewart as you whip up this quick and healthy vegetable mango relish. The beautiful thing about this simple topping is that it can take any of your casual dinner recipes from bland and boring to gourmet-style fresh in minutes.
How to Make the Vegetable Mango Relish
All you need to do for this vegetable mango relish is listed in below three steps.
- Lightly sauté some diced red bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion in some olive oil for about five minutes.
- Then, add diced fresh mango, remove from heat, and let cool. While you’re waiting, throw together this five-ingredient homemade lemon vinaigrette.
- Combine the dressing with the relish, top off with fresh basil (or fresh cilantro if that’s more your style).
There you have it. I have a feeling this will be one of your go-tos for the warmer months.
How to Enjoy
This mango relish is extremely versatile and perfect for a spring or summer patio dinner or barbecue. I suggest serving this relish over pork chops, chicken, or grilled fish like mahi-mahi, salmon, tuna, etc. You could even serve it with tortilla chips and avocado for a California-style appetizer.
If you’re looking for another way to jazz up your dinner recipes, try this mango salsa with fresh lime juice, and for a warm side dish, this Warm Black Bean Salad with Kale and Tomatoes also comes highly recommended.
As always, once you get a chance to make it, leave a comment below and let me know how you enjoy this simple and delish vegetable mango relish. Happy cooking!Print
Vegetable Mango Relish
This vegetable mango relish is a great way to bring boring meals to life. It pairs perfectly with any protein dish or can be scooped up with tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- In a cast iron skillet or a nonstick frying pan, heat up olive oil over medium-high heat. Add prepared red bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are turning soft but are still crunchy, stirring frequently.
- Add mango into the pan, stir to combine. Turn off heat and transfer to a medium bowl. Let cool.
- Once the vegetable mango relish cools down, mix lemon vinaigrette and basil into it. Enjoy as a side or serve over fish or pork chops.
If you want a little kick in your relish, add a pinch of red pepper flakes while cooking.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 0.9g