Baked pork chops covered in a smoky bacon and cheese mixture and served with a simple vegetable salad, this is a quick gluten-free and low-carb meal you can wrap up in less than 30 minutes.
Pork is fairly easy to make in the oven. Meals like Pork Tenderloin with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Capers and Pork over Warm Kale and Asparagus Salad take less than 30 minutes to make. They are great options for busy workdays.
These smoky bacon baked pork chops are another quick dinner you can wrap up after work. It requires no marinating and very minimum prep work. To make it even faster, cook the bacon beforehand.
To make a full meal out of it, any vegetable slaw will pair well with the pork chops. I served them with Thai vegetable salad. You can just open up a salad kit and toss things together to save more time.
By the way, these baked pork chops are gluten-free and low in carbs. Super duper yummy and healthy!
Smoky Bacon Baked Pork Chops
Baked pork chops covered in a smoky bacon and cheese mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main, Pork, Gluten Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 (3/4-inch thick) bone-in pork chops (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon mesquite seasoning
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle in adobo
- Chopped green onion for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Season pork chops with mesquite seasoning and place in an cast iron skillet.
- Combine cheese, onions, bacon, mayonnaise and adobo sauce. Spread cheese mixture evenly over pork chops.
- Place on the middle rack of your oven and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Switch to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes or until pork is browned and the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with vegetable slaw. (I served them with Thai vegetable salad, click here for the recipe.)
This recipe can be easily made for 4 servings by doubling the amount of the ingredients. Instead of using a cast iron skillet, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil for baking the pork chops.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 524
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 433.9mg
- Fat: 34.3g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 49.3g
- Cholesterol: 167.1mg
Keywords: baked pork chops