Creamy and cheesy spinach artichoke dip baked in bread boats! These two loaves of stuffed bread are served with freshly baked croutons in one fell swoop. No waste of food, no waste of energy.
You might have made spinach artichoke dip before. You might have also made some type of stuffed bread before. But have you ever stuffed spinach artichoke dip into a loaf of bread? If not, we should fix that because it’s fantastic!
Instead of baking the spinach artichoke dip in a casserole dish, we bake it in a bread bowl. It’ll give you a perfectly creamy and warm dip with a golden crispy bread skin. You know what else you can bake at the same time? Croutons, aka bread cubes.
When you hollow out the inside of the bread to host the spinach artichoke dip, cut it into bread cubes and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and maybe a little bit of paprika if you want.
At the temperature of 375F, we start baking the stuffed bread first. 15 minutes later, insert the seasoned bread cubes. In another 10 minutes, you’ll be able to serve the stuffed bread with the croutons on top. All freshly baked.
If you are in the States, this stuffed bread will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving table or enjoy it at any gatherings.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread
Creamy and cheesy spinach artichoke dip baked in bread boats and served with freshly baked croutons.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Vegetarian
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 loaves of French bread
For the croutons:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, artichoke hearts, and parmesan cheese. Mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic. Place the spinach and artichoke mixture in the cream mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Now, let’s work on the bread. One at a time, slice off the top of the bread horizontally. Hollow out 1 1/2 inches deep into the bread to create room for the spinach and artichoke dip. Cut the insides into cubes and place on a cookie sheet. You want to reserve 3 cups of bread cubes.
- Stuff the prepared two loaves of bread with spinach artichoke dip. Place in another cookie sheet or a roasting pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Now, season the bread cubes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, parmesan cheese and toss with olive oil.
- After 15 minutes, insert the cookie sheet that contains the seasoned bread cubes into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve the croutons on top of the stuffed bread and sprinkle a little paprika. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 821mg
- Fat: 25.7g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Cholesterol: 45.6mg
Keywords: spinach artichoke dip