Balsamic chicken and roasted vegetables all in ONE pan. It’s gluten free and low carb. You can change up the vegetables each time! This type of one-dish meal is my favorite. Hope you enjoy too!
Some sort of deliciously cooked protein with loads of vegetables is my favorite kind of meal, especially when it’s all in one pan. So today’s recipe is THAT kind of meal and it’s freaking delicious!
You might have made my One-Pan Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Vegetables. It’s a similar idea where you marinate chicken and throw the chicken with the marinade on a bed of vegetables when you are ready to bake. However, this time, I’ve learned that if the chicken is directly on top of the vegetables, the vegetables are going to be steamed instead of roasted. I guess you can get away with it if you use chicken drumsticks like I did in the one-pan jerk chicken recipe. But chicken thighs or chicken breasts have a larger surface. Once you cover them on your vegetables, they won’t have room to breath in the oven. As a result, you are steaming the vegetables.
Makes sense, right? So in this recipe, I used a roasting rack to hold the chicken thighs above the vegetables.
Now, let’s talk about the flavor.
The marinade for the chicken in this recipe is obviously led by balsamic vinegar. With some fresh herbs, garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper, a little bit of brown sugar, and extra virgin olive oil, the marinade is not only spot on for chicken but goes amazingly well with vegetables.
As for vegetables, I selected red onion, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and some carrots. If you would like to add some carbs to the dish, potatoes will be a great choice. But it might require a bit more time to roast. Asparagus and bell peppers are good options too.
We enjoyed this recipe thoroughly and I can’t wait to make it again. I hope you and your family will like it too. Please do let me know in the comment below if you get a chance to make it or have any questions regarding the recipe. Happy cooking!
Balsamic chicken with roasted vegetables all in ONE pan.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 8 ounces Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil non-stick cooking spray
For the chicken marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 leaves fresh sage
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Add the thighs into a large Ziploc bag.
- Make the marinade by adding garlic and fresh herbs into a food chopper (I used a hand chopper), chop them up. Remove the blade, add balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and olive oil into the chopper. Mix and scrape the sides of the food chopper to make sure all the herbs are mixed in.
- Pour the marinade into the Ziploc bag, zip up, and shake to coat the chicken well. Set in the fridge.
- Now, preheat oven to 425°F. In the meantime, spray a large roasting pan with EVOO non-stick cooking oil. Prepare all vegetables and place them in the pan in a single layer. Season the veggies with salt and pepper. Place a roasting rack on top of the prepared vegetables, lay marinated chicken on the rack in a single layer. Pour the marinade into the pan.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165°F. Serve chicken with roasted vegetables.
Marinating the chicken overnight is going to enrich the flavor even more.
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 632
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 893.3mg
- Fat: 23.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 22.2g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 81.4g
- Cholesterol: 362.8mg