These mouthwatering spicy Chinese noodles are the most savory and irresistible noodles you’ll ever have. Guess how many ingredients this recipe requires? Only six! Make the hot chili oil ahead and whip up the noodle sauce in no time.
It’s no secret that I have a thing about noodles. Pho, ramen, udon, vermicelli, flat rice noodles, glass noodles… you name it. I love them all.
In other words, I can not live without carbs. It’s pretty obvious.
When I was in China visiting my mom last month, she made these spicy noodles that totally got me obsessed! I was dying to know the recipe. It turns out to be another simple recipe made with the hot chili oil I have been raving about.
There are three simple steps to make this amazing noodle recipe – pick the noodles, make the sauce, and chop up some herbs for garnishing. That’s it. Let’s dive into each step a little bit more.
The important question is which type of noodles you should use for this recipe.
My pick is the knife-sliced noodles. Sometimes they are called “ribbon” noodles. Depending on the brand, they can have slightly frilly edges. They can be easily found in an Asian market. In this recipe, I used Shanghai Broad Noodles. If you can’t find this type of noodles, other wheat noodles like udon, pulled noodles, etc will work as well.
The sauce is what makes this spicy Chinese noodles so irresistible. Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and hot chili oil with pepper solids are all you need to whip up the sauce. You can even adjust the spiciness by adding more or fewer peppers to the sauce. The chili oil, however, is the crucial ingredient. Be generous.
Chop up some fresh cilantro and green onions and throw on top of the noodles. You are done! Now, go slurp!
Spicy Chinese Noodles
The easiest and most irresistible spicy Chinese noodles you’ll ever make.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main, Vegetarian, Vegan
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and hot chili oil. Make sure to scoop up some pepper solids from the bottom of the chili oil. Mix well.
- Chop up green onion and cilantro.
- Once the noodles are cooked, rinsed and drained, place them in a large bowl, pour the sauce over the noodles and throw the chopped green onion and cilantro on top. Mix until the noodles are evenly coated by the sauce. Divide the dish into four portions and slurp away!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 676mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 52.1g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Cholesterol: 59.5mg