Simple crepes made from scratch and filled with peanut butter and banana then drizzled with chocolate syrup.
Crepes are actually surprisingly easy to make. Once you learn it, you’ll know what I mean. The best part is that you can literally come up with endless filling ideas to enjoy your crepes. It could be savory as a quick lunch. It also could be sweet as a power breakfast, a simple dessert or a nice snack.
In this recipe, I wrapped some peanut butter and banana in the homemade crepes, then drizzled with chocolate syrup. It’s so damn good. Hope you enjoy!
Now, tell me how you like to enjoy your crepes in the comments below. What fillings? Do you prefer savory or sweet?Print
Simple Crepes with Peanut Butter and Banana
Simple crepes made from scratch and filled with peanut butter and banana, then drizzled with chocolate syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: French
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- Chocolate syrup
- In a blender, combine flour, milk, eggs, oil, and salt. Blend until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds. Let the batter rest.
- Lightly grease a 6-inch skillet with cooking spray or brush with more coconut oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the crepe batter onto the skillet. Lift and tilt to spread evenly into a circle.
- Return to heat. Cook until the bottom of the crepe is lightly brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Loosen the edge of the crepe with a rubber spatula, then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each crepe, top with 5-6 slices banana (about half of a banana) and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Wrap it up and do the same with the rest of the crepes. Enjoy!
There are endless ways to enjoy crepes. Here are a few filing ideas for inspiration: Any flavor of fruit jam, fresh fruits, cream cheese, maple syrup or chocolate syrup with powdered sugar on top.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 13.3g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Cholesterol: 45mg