Cheese, crab, herbs and lemon, plus a pizza crust shaped into muffin cups, these cheesy crab appetizers are super fun and quick to make.
I’ve recently shared a gluten-free crab stuffed mushrooms recipe with you. Clearly, I didn’t have enough of cheese and crab and I needed another strong dose of that. Hence, these cheesy crab appetizers.
I hope you are ready for some cheesy crab goodies again!
The combination of the filling this time involves a garlic and herb spreadable cheese, crabmeat, dill, lemon, plus cheddar cheese. It’s so good!
I cut a pizza crust into 12 squares and lined 12 muffin cups with them. You can use mini muffin cups to make the crab appetizers even cuter. Add your cheesy crab filling into the crust nest, top with more cheese, then let your oven do the rest.Print
Cheesy Crab Appetizers
Cheesy crab appetizers made in muffin tins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 crab cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 (11-oz ) can Pillsbury refrigerated prepared pizza thin crust
- 1 (6-oz) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese (from 4 oz container)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375°F;
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface. Roll or press pizza dough into a rectangle. Cut into 12 even squares.
- Place 1 square in each muffin cup.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix crabmeat, onion, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, spreadable cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese until well mixed.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon crabmeat mixture into each dough-lined cup.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Bake about 2 minutes longer or until cheese is just melted. Immediately remove the crab appetizers from muffin cups and place onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
This recipe can also be made in 24 mini muffin cups.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 433mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
Keywords: crab appetizers