Take the best qualities of pizza and turn them into a morning meal with this sheet pan breakfast pizza recipe. It incorporates your favorite breakfast ingredients and creates a balanced, delicious one-pan meal.
Pizza is a great dish to serve almost anyone, whether it’s your family or guests. It’s easy to love the mix of the crust’s softness and crispness balanced with the flavors of tomato and gooey cheese, plus all of those toppings that you love. Since pizza is always such a crowd pleaser, I decided to use the concept for a breakfast meal in this sheet pan breakfast pizza recipe.
What Is Breakfast Pizza?
We are not talking about grabbing a cold slice of leftover pizza to start your day here. We are talking about a great breakfast meal that includes similar ingredients to a frittata or another egg-based dish you would normally eat for breakfast. It just adds the great flavor and consistency of pizza’s classic dough and mozzarella cheese. Instead of tomato sauce and pizza toppings, you use eggs and the type of ingredients you might throw into an omelet, such as onions and bacon.
Customize This Breakfast Pizza Recipe
For this recipe, I use a combination of breakfast meats, including bacon, ham, and sausage. These are great pizza toppings and also perfect choices for breakfast, so they’re ideal for this fusion dish. I like to add onions, chives and a handful of greens to give health value, flavor and balance to the pizza. But you can customize this recipe and choose whichever toppings your family likes!
Pay Attention To The Cooking Time
On top of the great flavor, this is a one-pan meal you throw in the oven and it cooks itself! The cooking time varies depending on how thin your crust is and how you like it. There is a thin layer of beaten eggs used in this recipe which cooks in 10 minutes or so at 400°F. So if you want your crust to be extra crispy, cook a little longer. I recommend you check your pizza at the 10-minute mark and go from there.
If you’ve got a chance to try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what toppings you used. For another adaptation, try this amazing breakfast pizza recipe with a pancake crust!Print
Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza
Sheet pan breakfast pizza recipe incorporates your favorite breakfast ingredients like bacon and eggs, plus onions and greens for a balanced one-pan meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Breakfast, Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Pizza dough
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 ounces deli ham, diced
- 5 breakfast sausage links, chunked
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled
- A handful of spring mix
- Red chili flakes for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dust a large flat surface with a little flour. Roll out the pizza dough and shape it into a rectangle using a rolling pin. Make the pizza crust about 1/4-inch thick.
- Transfer the crust into a sheet pan. Make little indentations with your fingertips in the dough. This helps the egg settle and cook more evenly.
- Beat the eggs with milk, and pour over the center of the crust. Use your fingers, or a pastry brush to evenly spread out the egg mixture.
- Evenly cover the egg with diced ham; arrange the sausage on top; add onions. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a blanket of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and add a handful of greens on top.
- Place the sheet pan on the center rack and bake for 10 minutes and check. If you think your crust needs more time, bake for another 5 minutes or so.
- Once the pizza is done, take it out of your oven. Slice, and enjoy it with some red chili flakes.
Prep Ahead: precook bacon and sausage and store them in the fridge the night before to save time in the morning. The prep time in this recipe is based on that.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 746mg
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Cholesterol: 120mg