A colorful, zesty sauce to brighten up the flavor and presentation of a variety of recipes. This quick, simple-to-make mojo sauce recipe features healthy, flavorful ingredients that make a mouthwatering combination!
I love to use sauces that give an added boost of flavor to all sorts of recipes. This mojo sauce recipe is one that creates an exciting ingredient combination to enrich various meals.
There are different types of mojo sauces you can make, so this is my own take on it. I use traditional mojo sauce ingredients such as olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and a blend of citrus. And then I add additional herbs and hot sauce to give it a kick! But you could always change some of the ingredients and tone the sauce down if you want a more subtle, mild flavor.
Between the herbs and the citrus ingredients, the sauce turns a gorgeous shade of bright green that makes me feel like I’m enjoying it on one of the islands where this sauce is popular. I hope it gives you that same feeling!
You can use this mojo sauce recipe with so many dishes to add excitement and spiciness. The consistency of this recipe is perfect mixed into vegetables, rice and one-pot dishes or used as a marinade for pork, chicken or seafood.
I’ll be sharing two great recipes with you very soon that features this mojo sauce, one with pork and the other one with shrimp. So keep this sauce on hand, you will put it in good use in the next few days. And don’t worry, this sauce can be stored in the fridge for at least up to a week. Just remember to shake it well before using.
I’d love to hear what dishes you tried this sauce with and how you liked it! Leave a comment below and let me know. Happy cooking!Print
Mojo Sauce Recipe
A colorful, zesty mojo sauce to brighten up the flavor and presentation of a variety of recipes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 3/4 cups 1x
- Category: Sauce, Marinade, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Canarian
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice (I used Chili Garlic Sauce)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor/blender, pulse garlic and onion until very finely chopped.
- Pour in orange juice and lime juice; add cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, cilantro and hot sauce. Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Add olive oil and blend again until smooth.
This mojo sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Shake well before using.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Fat: 16.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g
- Protein: 0.3g