A colorful, healthy and flavorful one-pan meal featuring tender pork and a refreshing mojo sauce. This gluten-free pork chili recipe is done in half an hour from start to finish!
Pork doesn’t always seem as versatile to cook with as chicken, so I try to come up with the right recipes that bring out this meat’s flavors best. For that reason, I love this mojo pork chili recipe I created. I think the ingredients really complement the pork and give you a beautiful, tasty meal without too much work.
In this recipe, you get the refreshing flavor of a mojo sauce, which I shared on the blog earlier. By using ground pork, you get tender pieces of meat that are quick to cook. This is a nice twist on a regular chili for when you’re feeling like something different.
I find this recipe easy and quick to make with a fast prep time and only 20 minutes of cook time, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight. You only need a few simple ingredients, and you make it in one pan. With the combination of pork, rice, potatoes, beans and other ingredients, you get a complete meal that’s satisfying without being too heavy. And the mojo sauce keeps the flavor light. This recipe makes four servings perfect for a family, although you could easily increase it and save some servings in the freezer to pull out whenever you need a quick, healthy meal.
I love to garnish my pork chili recipe with cilantro and chopped avocado to add the green and yellow coloring for a beautiful presentation, and of course for extra flavor and texture.
I hope you and your family enjoy a bowl of this chili whenever you want some comfort food or you’re in the mood for an exciting and refreshing flavor combination. You get the added benefit of this being a healthy meal! It’s even gluten free.
As always, leave a comment to let me know what you think if you get a chance to make this recipe! Cheers!Print
Mojo Pork Chili Recipe
A quick one-pot chili featuring tender pork and a refreshing mojo sauce. This gluten-free pork chili recipe is done in 30 mins from start to finish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, Chili, Gluten Free
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups beef/bone broth (I used homemade bone broth)
- 1/2 cup mojo sauce
- 1 (16-oz) can reduced-sodium pinto beans, drained
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing
- In a large non-stick saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add onions and pork. Cook and stir, using your spatula to break the pork into small pieces. Cook until the pink color of the pork starting to fade away.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add broth, mojo sauce, beans, and potatoes, then cover. Cook for 15-18 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Prepare four serving bowls; place 1/2 cup rice in each bowl; top with chili, avocado, cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1079
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 773mg
- Fat: 18.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 174.8g
- Fiber: 25.2g
- Protein: 51.2g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Keywords: pork chili recipe