Creamed Mushroom Toast
Mushrooms cooked with white wine and cream, then topped onto warm toast spread with garlicky cream cheese. Creamed mushroom toast for the win!
You know that I am obsessed with 15-minute breakfast recipes. Can I add one more to the list? This Creamed Mushroom Toast has become one of my favorites now. We are going to cook mushrooms gently with a little bit of white wine and some heavy cream and top the savory mushroom mixture onto warm toast spread with garlic cream cheese. Trust me – it’s truly amazing!
This recipe could totally be made for a quick dinner or an appetizer as well. It was one of our guests’ favorites at a toast party we hosted where we made 6 different toasts. You can find our whole spread here.
If you do get a chance to make it, I would love to know what you think. Leave a comment below or share your photo on Instagram with our hashtag #StreetSmartKitchen. Enjoy!Print
Creamed Mushroom Toast
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 toasts 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Mushrooms cooked with white wine and cream, topped onto warm toast spread with garlicky cream cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 slices French bread
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms start becoming tender.
- Add white wine and stir well; cook until the mushroom juice and the alcohol have evaporated.
- In the meantime, place the bread slices into a toaster on a low to medium setting.
- Stir the cream into the mushrooms and mix well.
- Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix cream cheese with garlic powder and spread onto each toast; pour the hot creamy mushrooms over; garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately!
Recipe partially adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 255mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: mushroom toast
This is one of my favorite toasts now (next to French toast!). I love adding more cream cheese in my version.