Chicken kabobs with marinated chicken, bell peppers, pineapple chunks, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes are packed with flavor and perfect for your gatherings.
If you’ve tried my grilled tuna kabobs, you know how delicious kabobs could be when some juicy pineapple chunks come to play. There’s no such thing of too many kabobs, right? So here goes a new recipe – chicken kabobs with pineapple!
This time, we are going to make an easy marinade that’s wonderful for chicken and use it to brush the kabobs with chicken, bell peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and pineapple chunks when grilling. There’s absolutely no waste, only layers upon layers of deliciousness!
Once you get a chance to make these chicken kabobs, leave a comment and let me know how you like them. Hope you enjoy!Print
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Pineapple
Chicken kabobs with marinated chicken, bell pepper, pineapple, mushroom and cherry tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 15 kabobs
- Category: Appetizer, Gluten Free, Paleo
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
For the chicken marinade:
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the chicken kabobs:
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (20-oz) can pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
- 4 ounces medium button mushrooms
- Half pint of cherry tomatoes
- Place the chicken marinade ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove heat and let cool.
- Place prepared chicken cubes in the saucepan with the marinade. Mix well and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and soak 15 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread bell pepper, mushroom, pineapple, chicken and tomatoes on the skewers, leaving the chicken marinade in the saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil.
- Grill the chicken kabobs for 12-15 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through, turning and brushing with the remaining marinade occasionally.
You can use fresh pineapples for this recipe. I used canned pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice and reserved 1/2 cup juice from the can for the chicken marinade.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg