Chicken kabobs with marinated chicken, bell pepper, pineapple, mushroom and cherry tomatoes.
For the chicken marinade:
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the chicken kabobs:
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (20-oz) can pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
- 4 ounces medium button mushrooms
- Half pint of cherry tomatoes
- Place the chicken marinade ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove heat and let cool.
- Place prepared chicken cubes in the saucepan with the marinade. Mix well and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and soak 15 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread bell pepper, mushroom, pineapple, chicken and tomatoes on the skewers, leaving the chicken marinade in the saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil.
- Grill the chicken kabobs for 12-15 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through, turning and brushing with the remaining marinade occasionally.
You can use fresh pineapples for this recipe. I used canned pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice and reserved 1/2 cup juice from the can for the chicken marinade.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: chicken kabobs