Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps with Kimchi
Easy lettuce wraps featuring grilled ground beef patties and kimchi. It takes less than 30 minutes to put this delicious Korean-style appetizer on the table.
No buns, no cheese, no mayo? This sounds so darn boring, doesn’t it? But if you are looking for a light and refreshing appetizer during the grilling season, these beef lettuce wraps with a Korean twist will be a great choice. Why?
Let’s see. First of all, the ground beef is not cooked in a pan as a usual filling for lettuce wraps. Instead, we form the ground beef into patties for the grill. So if you plan to turn on the grill for a full meal, it’s so easy to throw the patties on it instead of getting an extra pan dirty on the stove.
What’s in the patties? You only need to add a few common ingredients that are used very often in Asian cooking such as garlic, ginger, and green onion in the ground beef. To season it up, soy sauce was the first thing came into my mind but I didn’t end it up using it. Instead, I chose coconut aminos for its natural sweetness, plus it is gluten free. If you don’t have coconut aminos on hand, use soy sauce, but remember to add a little sugar in your ground beef to balance the flavor.
Since you are not making burgers, shape the patties into long form so that they are easy to wrap up in lettuce leaves once cooked.
To assemble the lettuce wraps, place the patties on prepared lettuce leaves, top them with chopped tomatoes and kimchi, then garnish with some sesame seeds. Voila! Final secret – drizzle a little kimchi juice in the lettuce wraps. Yum! You won’t regret it!Print
Easy and fun lettuce wraps featuring grilled ground beef patties and kimchi.
For the beef patties:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 stems green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Avocado oil
For the lettuce wraps:
- 8 curly green lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup kimchi, chopped (I used homemade kimchi.)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef patties ingredients except for the avocado oil. Form into 8 long patties with both of your hands. Brush a little oil on the patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
- To serve, place the patties on lettuce leaves and top with kimchi and tomatoes. Garnish with sesame seeds. Wrap it up and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 585mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 36.2g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
Keywords: lettuce wraps