“You have to try it! It’s THE BEST!”
When people make such suggestion, there are usually two scenarios behind the conclusion.
- Experience and comparison. People have experienced other similar things. Comparatively, the best one certainly stands out.
- A simple opinion. It’s so good and people love it so much. Even without comparison, people want to consider it as the best.
In the second scenario, what’s the best for me might not be the best for you. It might be easy to describe why something is the best, but it’s hard to define it.
Let’s take today’s Brownie Cheesecake as an example.
As soon as I finished taking photos of the cake, I single-handily emptied the plate that was holding a big slice of the cake in 1 minute by using the prop fork. Because it turned out to be incredibly irresistible and dangerously addictive, I couldn’t stop!
This cake calls for the most common ingredients for the brownie bottom as well as the cheesecake. With only 8 ingredients in total, you will be able to pull off a magic to combine two classic desserts into an epic one, from scratch.
How does it taste? It tastes –
Smooth and chewy.
Almost too good to be true!
That’s my description of today’s recipe. Would you call this Brownie Cheesecake THE BEST? There’s only one way to find out, my friend – try it! 🙂
- Yield: 9-inch Brownie Cheesecake 1x
- Category: Desserts
For the brownie bottom:
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz yogurt (original flavor)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
For the cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz yogurt (original flavor)
- Let’s make the brownie first. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in the inner pot of Tatung Rice Cooker and Steamer. Steam for 5 minutes till melted. Stir occasionally. Don’t have the steamer? No problem. Just combine chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl and microwave for 0.5 – 1 minute or until the chocolate and butter are completely melted.
- Remove from heat. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and yogurt. Stir until even.
- Now, sift flour into the same pot/bowl. Keep stirring until the flour is gone and the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Prepare a 9″x2″ cake pan. Scoop the brownie mixture into the prepared cake pan. Flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 minutes. When the brownie is done, don’t worry if you see some part of the brownie surface is raised. It will go back down when it’s cool.
- While the brownie is in your oven. Let’s prepare the cheesecake mixture. In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese with granulated sugar fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Stir in yogurt and mix well.
- Slowly pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie in the same cake pan. You don’t have to wait until the brownie is completely cooled down to do this.
- Hold the cake pan with both of your hands and lightly drop it on your kitchen counter covered with a cloth. Repeat this step a couple times in order to push the air in the cake pan out.
- Return the cake pan to the oven. Bake at 320°F for 30-40 minutes until cheesecake is solidified and the surface turns into light golden.
- Let cool. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night.
- When ready to serve, remove the brownie cheesecake from the cake pan. Drizzle with melted chocolate (optional). Go cut yourself a big slice and enjoy!
Keywords: brownie cheesecake