Blueberry Ricotta Toast
Have you ever tried to put blueberries on a toast? If not, we need to fix that right away! Here’s the solution. You spread a layer of ricotta cheese on a nicely toasted slice of French bread, then top it with fresh blueberries and slivered almonds. The finishing touch would be a squeeze of lemon juice and a little bit of lemon zest. You see, the whole thing takes pretty much no time to put together. But the result is simply amazing!
We made this recipe for a toast party together with 5 other toast recipes. You have to check out the whole spread here. It was epic! If you get a chance to make this blueberry ricotta toast, leave a comment and let me know how you like it. I would love to hear from you. Cheers!Print
Blueberry and ricotta cheese on toast finished with slivered almonds, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 1/2 loaf of baguette, cut into 6 slices
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (or more)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place bread in a toaster and toast to your liking.
- Divide blueberries and almonds into six portions.
- Spread 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese on each bread slice; top with fresh blueberries and slivered almonds; squeeze some lemon juice all over the toast and garnish with lemon zest. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: blueberry ricotta toast
About the Author
Sharon Chen is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, an author and a sous vide fanatic who believes food not only brings healing but also connection. As the creator of StreetSmart Kitchen, she's on a mission to help you find balance, ease, joy, and simplicity in the kitchen as you improve your well-being.