Howdy! How are you enjoying your February so far? It’s a short month but a sweet one because of that V day, isn’t it? Last week, I shared a 4-Ingredient Valentine’s Candies recipe with you. Well, it’s pretty obvious that I am still in the V zone. I hope you are cool with it. 😛
If you are still thinking about how to make your Valentine’s Day more perfect, maybe these Very Berry Mini Tarts can help. Here is the deal.
As they have got three layers of goodies, let’s start from the bottom.
The tarts are the only part that requires baking. They are sweet, soft and crisp. They taste light and refreshing. They offer the aroma of almond, lemon zest and rum at each bite. So good!
The creamy frosting on top of the tarts is absolutely outstanding with a touch of powdered graham cracker. Together with the cheesy taste, our tarts are already very satisfying.
The last step is to top the tarts with fresh raspberries and blackberries. Results? Very berry!
When you take a bite, reversely, you start with berries, then the frosting, followed by the tart. It’s a combination of layers of sweet, sour, fruity and cheesy lovely things all together.
You know what? You don’t necessarily have to save the mini tarts for this Saturday only. Make them any time you want, because every day is a Valentine’s day when you are with the right person, isn’t it? 🙂
P.S. Before you dive into the recipe, I have a little announcement to make. I will be sharing an epic (but simple) slow cooker recipe with ya next week, so bust out your slow cooker and get ready. Wait, you say you don’t have one? Well, you might be winning a brand-new slow cooker from me then. So stay tuned!Print
Very Berry Mini Tarts
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small package raspberries
- 1 small package blackberries
- 3 tbsps butter, softened (1.5 oz)
- 4 tsps granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsps rum
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 graham cracker, powdered
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 tbsps whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened butter with granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add lemon zest and almond extract. Mix well.
- Pour half beaten egg into the butter mixture and beat well, then add the other half, continue beating until even.
- Add flour into the butter mixture, stir until all the flour is gone to form a tart dough.
- Divide the dough in half and scoop into two 4.75″ round tart pans. Flatten out the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, crush the graham cracker into powder. I used an electric food chopper for this step. A food processor will work too.
- In a medium bowl, fold graham cracker powder and powdered sugar into cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add whipping cream, beat until smooth.
- When the tarts are ready, let cool. Divide the frosting in half and frost two tarts respectively.
- Top with berries and garnish with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
I finished the entire process of making both the tart dough and the frosting manually. But if you have an electric mixer, use it!
- Serving Size: 2