Love mac and cheese? This one-pot turkey chili mac recipe can totally satisfy you with a healthy spin. It’s a colorful and exciting meal that’s designed for busy weeknights.
I made this chili mac recipe as a healthier take on a comfort food dish. With ground turkey as the protein instead of beef, you cut down on some of the fat content you could have in a chili or mac and cheese dish. Plus, this dish gives your family a strong boost of vitamins, minerals, and fiber through the kidney beans, salsa, bell peppers, chicken bone broth, and celery that are included.
With the fusion of all of those ingredients and some flavorful additions, such as chili seasoning and tomato sauce, you get a great taste so no one should miss the fattier alternatives to this dish. And the cheese chunks and parsley you add at the end give the dish vibrant color to make your kids and spouse excited about eating some!
You might think that you’d have to plan this meal in advance and slowly cook it for hours. But that’s not the case! You can easily turn to this meal on a busy weeknight when you can’t think of what to make. This turkey chili mac recipe only takes 10 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes to cook, so you’ll have it plated in front of your hungry family in less than half an hour. Everyone can wait that long for a delicious meal, right?
Since this is a one-pot meal, you’ll have easy clean up after dinner too, which is always a bonus! This recipe serves four to six people, but you also have the option to make extra and freeze some so you have handy portions ready when you don’t feel like cooking or need an extra fast meal one night. I hope you enjoy cooking this easy-to-make meal and that you’re rewarded by your family loving it!
Quick chili mac recipe made with ground turkey, loads of veggies, kidney beans and macaroni cooked in a rich chicken broth, salsa and no-salt-added tomato sauce seasoned with chili seasoning mix.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth (I used chicken bone broth.)
- 1 (16-oz) jar medium thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (15-16 oz) can reduced-sodium red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (1.25-oz) packet chili seasoning mix
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 (8-oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Parsley leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Place ground turkey in the pan and season with salt. Cook 3-4 minutes, using your spatula to crumble the meat.
- Stir in onion, celery and bell pepper, cook for 2 more minutes until the turkey is cooked through. Add broth, salsa, beans, and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta; cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cut cheese into small cubes. Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 1 more minute. Serve the chili with cheese and parsley.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 1479.4mg
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 58.2g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Cholesterol: 61.8mg
*The nutrition facts are calculated based on 6 servings.