Quick chili mac recipe made with ground turkey, loads of veggies, kidney beans and macaroni cooked in a rich chicken broth, salsa and no-salt-added tomato sauce seasoned with chili seasoning mix.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth (I used chicken bone broth.)
- 1 (16-oz) jar medium thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (15-16 oz) can reduced-sodium red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (1.25-oz) packet chili seasoning mix
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 (8-oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Parsley leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Place ground turkey in the pan and season with salt. Cook 3-4 minutes, using your spatula to crumble the meat.
- Stir in onion, celery and bell pepper, cook for 2 more minutes until the turkey is cooked through. Add broth, salsa, beans, and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta; cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cut cheese into small cubes. Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 1 more minute. Serve the chili with cheese and parsley.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 1479.4mg
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 58.2g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Cholesterol: 61.8mg
Keywords: Chili Mac Recipe