These are traditional shepherd’s pie turned mini! Use your muffin pan to make this fun recipe that’s packed with flavor and satisfaction. Great for dinner, next-day lunch or even a picnic! Enjoy!
Mini Shepherd’s Pie Cups
Traditional shepherd’s pie turned mini! This is a fun recipe that’s packed with flavor and satisfaction. Great for dinner, next-day lunch or even a picnic!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 mini shepherd's pies 1x
- Category: Main, Vegetarian Friendly
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: English
- 1 can Phillsbury biscuits (8–10 biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (ground turkey, chicken or vegetable crumbles)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or chicken broth/vegetable broth if using turkey/chicken or vegetables)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary)
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes (or use instant or store-bought mashed potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat a 12-count muffin pan or 2 6-count muffin pans with oil or cooking spray. Stretch the biscuits and mold to the shape of each muffin cup. Smash them down with the back of a spoon. Bake the biscuits for 6 to 8 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and brown. Stir in the onions, salt, pepper and garlic and allow to cook together for 5-7 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink, stir often.
- Mix flour into the meat mixture and stir until the mixture is thickened. Add beef broth and stir in vegetables and herbs. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in granulated garlic and onion powder.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of warm potatoes on the bottoms of one biscuit; top with approximately 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture; finally top with a handful of cheddar cheese. Repeat with the rest of the biscuits.
- Return to oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before popping mini pies out with a knife. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be made with ground turkey, ground chicken or veggie crumbles.
You may also use a 9×13-inch baking dish to make this recipe in a traditional way without the biscuits.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 965mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 23.1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: shepherd's pie