One-Pot Kimchi Ramen
This epic kimchi ramen features pork belly, shiitake and enoki mushrooms, bok choy, tofu, and of course kimchi! The best part is that it’s one pot and can be done in just 30 minutes!
You guys! This One-Pot Kimchi Ramen has everything you could possibly ask for from a traditional ramen bowl, but with the addition of tart and spicy kimchi cooked in a collagen and protein-rich chicken bone broth and tasty kimchi juice with Korean spicy red pepper paste and red pepper powder.
This kimchi ramen not only offers an incredible soup base but also features pork belly, enoki mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, tofu, and perfectly soft-boiled eggs. Take an extra minute to put this dish together in an attractive way, it should look as comforting as it tastes.
Can you believe that this One-Pot Kimchi Ramen takes only 30 minutes? But it tastes like you slow-cooked it all day. It’s a great dish to boost your energy when you feel worn out or have a cold coming on. Bone broth and fermented kimchi are both immune-system boosters. Fresh ginger and red peppers provide lots of healthy antioxidants to promote good health. There’s nothing more satisfying than noodles and broth, so don’t wait until cold and flu season to try it.Print
Delicious kimchi ramen cooked with marinated pork belly, shiitake and enoki mushrooms, tofu and bok choy, all in one pot.
- 8 ounces pork belly (skinless), sliced
For the pork marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
For the kimchi ramen:
- 4 soft boiled eggs, halved
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Half block of firm tofu, sliced
- 4 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 4 baby bok choy, halved
- 1 cup kimchi, firmly packed (I used homemade kimchi.)
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice
- 4 cups chicken bone broth or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons spicy red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon Korean red pepper powder
- 2 packages ramen
- Chopped green onions for garnishing
- Combine all the ingredients for the pork marinade in a medium bowl.
- Cut the pork belly slices into 2-inch long pieces. Add the pork into the marinade. Stir well and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Carefully place eggs into the boiling water. Let them cook for 5 minutes. Scoop out eggs and place in cold water.
- Meanwhile, slice onion, shiitake mushrooms, and tofu; clean enoki mushrooms and chop off the ends; wash baby bok choy and cut them in half. Set all prepared ingredients aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook marinated pork belly over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion and kimchi. Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add kimchi juice, broth, red pepper paste, red pepper powder and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup base is boiling, add ramen and shiitake mushrooms. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu, enoki mushrooms, bok choy and cook for 2 minutes or until ramen is tender. Turn off heat.
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
- Dish the kimchi ramen and serve with halved eggs. Garnish with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 661
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 900.5mg
- Fat: 44.3g
- Saturated Fat: 16.2g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 231.9mg
Keywords: kimchi ramen