Delicious kimchi ramen cooked with marinated pork belly, shiitake and enoki mushrooms, tofu and bok choy, all in one pot.
- 8 ounces pork belly (skinless), sliced
For the pork marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
For the kimchi ramen:
- 4 soft boiled eggs, halved
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Half block of firm tofu, sliced
- 4 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 4 baby bok choy, halved
- 1 cup kimchi, firmly packed (I used homemade kimchi.)
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice
- 4 cups chicken bone broth or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons spicy red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon Korean red pepper powder
- 2 packages ramen
- Chopped green onions for garnishing
- Combine all the ingredients for the pork marinade in a medium bowl.
- Cut the pork belly slices into 2-inch long pieces. Add the pork into the marinade. Stir well and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Carefully place eggs into the boiling water. Let them cook for 5 minutes. Scoop out eggs and place in cold water.
- Meanwhile, slice onion, shiitake mushrooms, and tofu; clean enoki mushrooms and chop off the ends; wash baby bok choy and cut them in half. Set all prepared ingredients aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook marinated pork belly over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion and kimchi. Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add kimchi juice, broth, red pepper paste, red pepper powder and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup base is boiling, add ramen and shiitake mushrooms. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu, enoki mushrooms, bok choy and cook for 2 minutes or until ramen is tender. Turn off heat.
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
- Dish the kimchi ramen and serve with halved eggs. Garnish with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 661
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 900.5mg
- Fat: 44.3g
- Saturated Fat: 16.2g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 231.9mg
Keywords: kimchi ramen