In a busy workday morning, these Italian Egg Sandwiches could be a perfect quick breakfast to make. Pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, or tomato sauce could all be a good choice of sauce to spread onto your toasted bread. Top with a perfect fried egg and put a few slices of avocados to make them extra healthy and hearty.
Done in just 10 minutes, this Italian Egg Sandwiches with Avocados is a fantastic quick breakfast!
- 2 slices good quality bread, toasted pretty crunchy
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon pizza sauce (1 tablespoon per slice)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toast your bread.
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, crack the eggs into the skillet, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the egg whites are set and yolks are slightly runny.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat pizza sauce in microwave, then spread on toasted bread. Place your egg on top of sauce, followed by sliced avocados.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1-2