In a busy workday morning, these Italian Egg Sandwiches could be a perfect quick breakfast to make. Pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, or tomato sauce could all be a good choice of sauce to spread onto your toasted bread. Top with a perfect fried egg and put a few slices of avocados to make them extra healthy and hearty.
Italian Egg Sandwiches with Avocados
Done in just 10 minutes, this Italian Egg Sandwiches with Avocados is a fantastic quick breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 slices good quality bread, toasted pretty crunchy
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon pizza sauce (1 tablespoon per slice)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toast your bread.
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, crack the eggs into the skillet, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the egg whites are set and yolks are slightly runny.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat pizza sauce in microwave, then spread on toasted bread. Place your egg on top of sauce, followed by sliced avocados.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 254mg
- Fat: 24.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 10.4g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
Keywords: Italian egg sandwiches