If you’ve moved to a different country and you’ve been trying to learn the culture and the language, chances are you’ve asked some dumb questions and got laughed at.
Questions like “Who is King Arthur? Was he real?”; “What does BYOB mean?”; “Who’s Dr. Seuss?”; “Does hooray mean what I think it means?” randomly pop up in my head. Usually, I just ask Han out loud knowing that he will probably laugh and I am gonna have to wait until he catches his breath and then get my answers.
The problem is that most of the time, Han doesn’t know what I know and what I don’t know. Sometimes it doesn’t occur to him that I didn’t grow up with “The Cat in The Hat” or “Little Red Riding Hood” and I’d never heard of Mac & Cheese or PB&J prior to moving to the States. They don’t teach this kind of stuff in English classes.
The good news is that I’ve learned plenty by now. I’ve had Mac & Cheese, which is pretty much the equivalent of instant noodles that college students have in their dorms every day in China. And I’ve learned to make a PB&J sandwich. That’s the world’s easiest sandwich in my book, and yet so tasty and filling.
Well, it turns out that when peanut butter meets jelly, anything could be easy and tasty. Don’t you agree? Today’s recipe is a perfect example.
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies don’t require any electric mixers. One bowl and a whisk or a spoon are all you need to make the dough in a breeze. Take a look at your pantry. I bet you’ve got all the ingredients this recipe calls for in there already.
Have fun rolling the cookie dough into small balls. If you have little ones in your house, I promise that they will be very happy to help. In just 10 minutes, these will be ready to bake.
My favorite part is to make a thumb print in the middle of each cookie and squeeze a generous amount of jelly into the prints.
Hooray!! You just made some super moist and delicious peanut butter and jelly cookies! Grab a glass of milk and enjoy! Oh, don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know how you like it. Cheers!Print
Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Easy and tasty peanut butter and jelly cookies ready in just 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil or softenedd butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons jelly of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine coconut oil, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda to the bowl. Mix until you can no longer see the flour.
- Scoop up about 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough and roll into a ball with both of your hands. Repeat until the cookie dough is finished. You should be able make 24-30 balls.
- Place cookie balls, 2 inches apart from each other, on a baking sheet lined with parchment pepper. Use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Press each cookie ball down with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on how strong your oven is.
- While the cookies are baking, add jelly into a sandwich-size Ziploc bag. Squeeze down to one side of the bottom of the bag and cut a hole at the tip. Set aside.
- Once the cookies are done, let them cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Make a thumb print in the center of each cookie and pile the jelly into each print. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Keywords: peanut butter and jelly