We’ve made an avocado toast before, with bacon and maple syrup. YASSSS! It’s so yum! But I don’t wake up and crave greasy stuff every morning. So today’s avocado toast recipe is going to be a light and extremely healthy one. No cooking is required, just throw things together on toasted bread to make a beautiful mess.
This delightful 10-minute avocado toast is topped with cherry tomatoes and queso fresco cheese! It makes a quick and easy breakfast or a great afternoon snack. Or, having a bunch of friends over and throw a toast party to enjoy a summer brunch together. If parties are your jam, make sure to check out our full spread here.
Cherry Tomato & Avocado Toast
Guacamole on toast topped with cherry tomatoes and queso fresco cheese!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 toasts 1x
- Category: Snack, Appetizer, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 6 slices French bread (I used a half loaf of baguette.)
- 3 Hass small avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 12–15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bread slices into a toaster and start toasting.
- Halve avocados, remove seeds and scoop into a medium bowl; add garlic powder, a pinch of salt, lemon juice and start mashing it all together until smooth.
- When the bread is toasted, divide the guacamole into 6 portions and spread onto each slice of bread evenly.
- Arrange 2-3 halved cherry tomatoes and sprinkle 1 teaspoon queso fresco on each toast. Finish the toasts with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe partially adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
More avocado toast recipe you might like: Avocados with Caramelised Onions on Toast by Quiche ‘n’ Tell