A super easy cinnamon apple recipe that only requires 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of hands-on time. It’s wonderful to serve with ice creams.
It’s so strange yet exciting to see that the yellowish grass here in North Florida suddenly turned green almost overnight. Geese flew away in groups because the weather is getting a little too warm for them. Lizards are out on the sidewalks throughout the day. Spring has finally arrived. Wherever you are in the world, I hope everything is turning brighter around you.
I have been working on a lot of green things lately, starting from green smoothies to green vegetables. When I saw these Red Delicious Apples at the grocery store the other day, their glowing dark red skin immediately caught my attention. I asked myself why on earth I just noticed them now as these apples are available year around. My answer: “Because it is the opposite of green!”
That makes total sense! I had to pick them up and I bought a lot.
After eating these apples 3 days in a row, I started thinking of a different way to enjoy them. That’s how these Baked Cinnamon Apples came to play. Raw apples are crisp and firm. Cooked apples are soft and wholeheartedly delicious!
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients – apple, brown sugar, butter and ground cinnamon. We can basically break down the cooking process to three steps.
- Mix sugar in melted butter.
- Coat apple with butter mixture.
- Top with cinnamon and bake.
That’s it! The apple juice will be gradually combined into the butter mixture through baking to form a thick and spiced sauce, which is especially satisfying to serve over ice cream. I thoroughly enjoyed it with vanilla ice cream. I hope you will too.
On a side note, as you are reading, my brother in law’s fiancée Stephanie is having an ablation right now. It’s full-day operation. Fingers crossed for her to get through it successfully! We agreed to start the 7-day cleanse I developed together the weekend after her surgery. If you missed the story, you can read it here.
To Stephanie and to Spring…Cheers!Print
- 1 lb red delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F. Remove cores from apples and cut them into slices.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; whisk in brown sugar until smoothie. Combine apple slices with the mixture.
- Place apple sliced in a 9×13″ baking dish in a single layer. Top with cinnamon and bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are soft and dark brown.
- Serve over your favorite ice cream with the sauce. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4