This turkey pho recipe is unbelievably quick to put together and it tastes darn authentic. Next time you have leftover turkey, you know what to do.
Ever since I learned how to make pho at home, it’s all I could think of when I have homemade broth on hand. Who knew the famous Vietnamese noodles can be recreated in our own kitchen so easily?
Compare to the beef pho we made a while back, the differences with this turkey pho recipe are –
- The broth – I’d recommend you use a homemade turkey bone broth, which can be easily made in a slow cooker with turkey bones and turkey giblets. Not ready to make the turkey bone broth yet? No problem. Use any broth you have on hand. But you know what I’d say – homemade is always better.
- The protein – This one is obvious. Instead of beef, you use turkey meat.
- The vegetables – This part is completely flexible. I used frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables. You can choose any veggies you want.
With the above three items prepared, you’ll be able to whip up this mouthwatering turkey pho recipe in just 15 minutes, seriously! Hope you enjoy!
15-Min Turkey Pho Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 cups turkey bone broth or chicken broth
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 ounces pho/rice noodles
- 2 cups frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables
- 3 cups leftover turkey meat
- Fresh cilantro, lime wedges, Sriracha or/and hoisin sauce for serving
- Toast cinnamon sticks, star anise, and cloves in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add turkey bone broth, ginger, fish sauce and soy sauce in the saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in another saucepan. Add noodles, let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and transfer to two serving bowls evenly.
- Discard spices from the broth. Add vegetables and turn the heat up. Bring to a boil again or until the vegetables are tender.
- To serve, place half of turkey in one serving bowl on top of the noodles. Pour half of the broth over including the vegetables. Top with fresh cilantro, Sriracha sauce and/or hoisin sauce. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve. Do the same with the other bowl. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 710
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Sodium: 2229.2mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Carbohydrates: 81.4g
- Protein: 67.9g
- Cholesterol: 155.1mg
Keywords: turkey pho