I don’t know about you, but I am not a big salad person. If I go to a Thai restaurant, 95% of the time, I will order a Pad Thai or Pad See Ew. However, Thai beef salad is something that always gets me to debate if I should just order that instead of noodles. Predictably, I end up ordering both. Satisfied!
If you’ve ever wondered how to make an authentic Thai beef salad at home, the secret is the dressing, which is also used to marinate the beef. You can use all the fresh vegetables you want – lettuce, spring mix, kale, cucumbers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, etc, as long as you get the marinade/dressing right, you are in business.
The second most important factor is fresh herbs. To be precise, we are talking about three herbs – basil, mint, and cilantro. All has to be fresh. Dried ones can’t really do anything here.
How can you make a Thai beef salad in just 15 minutes? You ask.
Because I am obsessed with leftover hacks. If you’ve made my One-Pan Oven Roast with Vegetables, chances are you still have some leftover beef. That’s what we’ll use to assemble the salad. The Montreal seasoning on the beef compromises well with the Thai flavor.
All that’s left to do is to make the dressing and prepare the vegetables.
If you didn’t make the beef roast beforehand, that’s no problem. Simply double the dressing ingredients. Marinate your beef slices in half of the dressing overnight. When ready to cook, grill the beef to your preferred doneness, and then assemble the salad with reserved salad dressing.
So, what do you say? Give it a try? You’ll love how quick and delicious this Thai beef salad is. See, a completely new meal with new flavors is created with the same old leftovers. Just like that. I truly hope you enjoy this recipe.
If you do get a chance to make this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know if you’ve enjoyed it, or share a photo on Instagram using our hashtag #DelishPlanner so that I can see your Thai beef salad!Print
15-Minute Thai Beef Salad
Super quick and flavorful Thai beef salad using leftover Montreal oven roast. It’s perfect for a busy workday lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main, Salad, Low Carb
- Cuisine: Thai
- 8 ounces roast beef (Montreal oven roast), sliced
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- half cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
For the salad dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, mint, and basil in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the beef salad. Toss until the dressing is well distributed through the entire salad. Divide the salad into two portions and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 1235mg
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 37.4g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
Keywords: thai beef salad