Eggs and cheese baked with tater tots in a muffin pan, those tater tot cups are great for breakfast and they are very easy to make. Watch the video to learn how.
If you like this video, subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Have I mentioned this before? I am the kind of person who has to have breakfast before going on with my day. My brain doesn’t wake up until I put something in my body in the morning. Han, on the other hand, can roll out of bed and start programming right away. I would faint in front of the computer if I did that.
And mornings are usually my most productive time, so I don’t want to spend too much time on preparing breakfast, which is essential for me. That’s why I came up with those 15-min breakfast ideas to fuel me up quickly so that I can get the most important things done in the morning such as writing and planning. Or, I make a batch of food the day before and have it for breakfast in the next couple days.
Today’s breakfast recipe is one of those foods that you cook once and you are set for a few days. We put tater tots, eggs, and cheese in muffin tins and bake them. Those tater top cups only require 7 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make. If you are tight on time in the morning, make them the day before and you can easily reheat them in a microwave next morning.
I used a 12-tin muffin pan. Feel free to use 2 of these if you want to make more. Or use a big-size muffin pan so that you can add more ingredients in the tater tot cups. There are so many options. For example, you can add cooked sausage, ground beef, or any leftover meat in the cups. You can also stuff the cups with mushrooms and spinach before cracking an egg on top. I’ve tried with sausage, mushrooms and spinach in my tater tot cups before. They were so darn hearty and delicious!
You can certainly get creative with this recipe. If you stick with this simple version, you are not going to be disappointed.
Now, I would like to know about you. Do you have to have breakfast in the morning? And how do you usually fix your breakfasts? Leave a comment below and let me know.Print
Tater tots mashed into a muffin pan, filled with cheddar cheese and eggs, then baked until the eggs reach your desired doneness.
- 50 -60 tater tots, thawed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 eggs
- 12 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese or more
- Freshly ground black pepper
- chopped green onion for garnishing
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Allow the tater tots to sit a few minutes to soften so you can squish them or microwave them for a minute or two to expedite the process.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 4 or 5 tots in each cup. Mash with a back of spoon to line the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese into each cup. Place in oven and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan from oven and break an egg into each cup. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of each egg.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until white and yolk are set and the eggs reach to your desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and use a rubber spatula to loosen edges and bottom of each tater tot cup. Transfer the cups to a serving platter. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and chopped green onion. Enjoy!
You can add sausage, spinach, mushrooms in these tater tot cups. Just use a bigger size muffin pan.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 717
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 1668mg
- Fat: 35.1g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 91.9g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Cholesterol: 171mg