Got leftover chicken? Either it’s baked or grilled, or from a rotisserie chicken, throw it on some flatbread with mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves. Grill or bake it until the cheese is melted. Boom! No more boring dinners. Is this Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza a wonderful way to turn your leftover chicken into something delicious but totally new? This quick and easy meal doesn’t even take 15 minutes. Plus, everyone gets his or her own pizza. No need to share!
Is this Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza a wonderful way to turn your leftover chicken into something delicious but totally new? This quick and easy meal doesn’t even take 15 minutes. Plus, everyone gets his or her own pizza. No need to share!
What is your favorite way to use up leftover chicken?
Got leftover chicken? Throw it onto a flat bread with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Super quick and yum!
- 4 flatbread
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill.
- Assemble each flatbread pizza by sprinkling a thin layer of mozzarella cheese at the bottom, followed by 2-3 slices of tomatoes, sliced chicken, another layer of cheese. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Turn the heat to low on your grill. Lay the flatbread pizzas on the high rack if you have one. Close the grill and let it cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. If you grill the pizza for too long, the bread will burn.
- Remove from the grill. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and cut it with a pizza cutter. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be made in the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F while you are assembling the pizza. Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 868mg
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg