These creamy gluten-free baked eggs make a quick and easy breakfast that’s delicious and healthy! If you’d like to add some more protein, it’s very easy to incorporate meat into the individual ramekin. Just add chopped turkey or ham at the bottom of the ramekin and follow the recipe to finish cooking. Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians in your family will be able to enjoy their own baked eggs without much extra effort to you. Enjoy!
Creamy Baked Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms
These creamy baked eggs make a quick and easy breakfast that’s delicious and healthy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup spinach, divided
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced and divided
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, divided
- A dash of paprika and dried tarragon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook spinach and mushroom together until tender. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Divide the vegetable mix into two portions and place at the bottom of 2 8-oz ramekins. Then crack 1 egg inside each ramekins. Be careful not to break the yolks.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, and then salt and pepper.
- Pour two tablespoons of cream over the egg mixture in each ramekin. Add a dash of paprika and dried tarragon if using.
- Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, or when they are done to your liking. (Eggs are well done in 20 minutes.)
To make more servings, double the recipe and use two more ramekins. You can add cooked turkey or ham at the bottom of the ramekins if you’d like some meat. Crumbled cooked bacon bits to garnish will be a nice way to add meat to your baked eggs too. Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 239mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Cholesterol: 189mg
Keywords: baked eggs