- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium red bell peppers, diced small
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (green part only)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, add olive oil, and swirl.
- Add garlic and onion into the pan, followed by salt, sauté and let the garlic and onion sweat, about 3 minutes. (Note: if you already added salt in your brown rice, omit the salt here.)
- Add red bell pepper and celery. Season the vegetables with Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Combine and continue cooking until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in cooked brown rice, followed by lemon juice. Combine well with the vegetables. Taste, add more salt or lemon juice if desired.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in chopped parsley and green onions. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 59.1mg
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg