Broiled portabella mushrooms stuffed with baked tofu and crunchy kale drizzled with a creamy cajun dressing for the win! Vegan and gluten-free!
- 4 portabella mushrooms (or more)
- 1 bunch Kale, ribs remove, roughly teared
- 1 (14-oz) package firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- For the creamy cajun dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wrap up tofu with a few layers of paper towel and place a small heavy object (like a book or a plate) on top of it. This is to soak up the liquid from tofu. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Dice tofu and place on a slightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cajun seasoning. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, prepare mushrooms, cook kale and make the creamy cajun dressing. Remove stems and gills from portabella mushrooms. (Use a spoon to gently scrape out the gills.) Brush with a little olive oil on both sides of the mushrooms and sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cap side up.
- Cook kale in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until kale is tender and crunchy. Drain well and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients of the creamy cajun dressing in a small bowl. Stir until blend.
- Once the tofu is done, switch oven to broiler. Broil mushrooms for 4-5 minutes.
- Let cool and flip. Stuff the mushrooms with a generous amount of kale and baked tofu. Drizzle with the creamy cajun dressing and serve.
This recipe produces enough vegetable filling and dressing to stuff more portabella mushrooms. The rest of the tofu and kale can be mixed with the dressing as a delightful vegan salad.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: stuffed portabella mushrooms