TOP 18 HANDPICKED
Get instant access to our free cookbook Top 18 One-Dish Meals to keep the best dinner ideas right at your fingertips and never miss a new recipe again.
Regular Gas Grill Method:
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Season onion rings and mushrooms with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Place onion rings and mushrooms on grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
3. Take steak out of your fridge and let it sit in the room temperature for 5 minutes. Use a paper towel to gently pat the surface of both sides of the steak dry.
4. Brush olive oil on both sides of the steak or use olive oil cooking spray. Generously season the steak with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Place the steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 145°F for medium doneness; 135°F for medium rare and 155°F for medium well. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6. To assemble, arrange baby spinach and spring mix on the bottom of a large serving plate, followed by the onion rings and mushrooms. Slice the steak against the grain and place on top of the vegetables. Top with cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. Drizzle the Chimichurri sauce over the steak salad and serve!
Keywords: steak salad