These spiced roasted walnuts make the perfect salad topper or healthy snack. Easy, versatile, and done in 20 minutes. They are gluten-free and 100% vegan.
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted butter if not vegan
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place walnuts in a large bowl and toss walnuts with olive oil.
- Add all spices in the bowl and toss well.
- Lay the spiced walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Optional: use aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up. Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Heat olive oil or melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Add walnuts, sprinkle with desired seasonings. Stir frequently to prevent walnuts from burning. Toast for 1-2 minutes or until the walnuts are golden brown. Transfer to a cookie sheet or a plate to let cool.
- Optional spices: Teaspoon of kosher salt, sea salt, pink Himalayan salt, black pepper.
- Store the roasted walnuts in an airtight glass container at room temperature for up to three months or refrigerate for longer.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 388mg
- Fat: 29.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted walnuts