Sous Vide Lobster Tail Recipe
Follow this foolproof sous vide lobster tail cooking guide to make scrumptious lobster with garlic-infused butter all in one bag!
- Author: Sharon Chen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 servings (4 lobster tails) 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 lobster tails (about 5–6 ounces each)
- 3–4 lemon slices and fresh herbs (optional)
For Garnish and Serving:
- Chopped fresh herbs such as dill, tarragon, parsley, chives
- Lemon wedges
- Sliced baguette
- Make garlic-infused butter: Melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a small skillet or saucepan. Add garlic to the melted butter and stir to spread the slices out evenly. Turn the heat to low and let it cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant and the garlic is slightly brown. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Prepare the sous vide: Preheat water to 135°F (57°C).
- Remove lobster meat from the shells: Hold a lobster tail with your non-dominant hand, hard shell side down on your palm. Use kitchen shears with your dominant hand to cut down the middle of the underside of the lobster tail. Cut down on each side of the underside, where the soft part of the shell meets the hard part. Peel off the underside of the tail. Use both your hands to hold the sides of the shell and give it a push towards the outside. You might hear the hard shell crack a little. Wiggle your thumb between the inside of the hard shell and the meat. Carefully separate the meat from the shell from the top to the bottom and remove the meat gently in one piece. Do the same for the rest of the tails.
- Sous vide the lobster: Prepare a vacuum sealer bag or a Ziploc bag. Place the lobster tail meat in the bag in a single layer. Add the garlic-infused butter along with the garlic slices to the bag as well as the remaining butter. Place lemon slices on the undertail side and a sprig of dill or tarragon if desired. Seal the bag with a vacuum sealer or use the water displacement method if using a Ziploc bag. Submerge the bag in the preheated sous vide water bath and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- Serve: Once the timer is off. Remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer the lobster tail meat into two shallow soup bowls with that heavenly buttery lobster juice! Garnish with mixed chopped herbs of your choice. Give it a fresh squeeze of lemon juice. Serve baguette slices on the side. Bon appétit!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 463
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 1560.4mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 15.2g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 54.4g
- Cholesterol: 474.7mg
Keywords: Sous Vide Lobster Tail