Achieve the perfect sous vide hollandaise sauce with only 5 minutes of hands-on time. This foolproof, step-by-step guide will help you make effortless hollandaise every time.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Set up sous vide: Preheat water to 167°F (75°C) using a sous vide immersion circulator.
- Gather all ingredients in a ziplock bag: Combine the egg yolks, butter, water, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne (if using) in a ziplock bag.
- Cook hollandaise sous vide: Once the water is ready, lower the bag into the water bath using the water displacement method to push the air out, seal, and clip the top at the edge of your cooking vessel. Don’t worry about mixing the ingredients at this stage, as that will come later. Set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Blend it all together: Once the timer goes off, remove the hollandaise sauce from the water bath. If it looks separated and oily at this point, don’t panic. Transfer it to a blender or a food processor and blend at medium speed until it’s silky smooth.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 82.2mg
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0.4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 107.3mg
Keywords: Sous Vide Hollandaise