Smoky, garlicky, earthy, and authentic, this chipotle hummus is ready to enjoy in only five minutes. It’s also gluten-free, vegan, and rich in dietary fiber.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas with 1/4 cup cooking water (or 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, not drained; keep the chickpea liquid)
- 1/2 cup finely ground sesame seeds (I used black ones)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley or fresh cilantro, freshly ground black pepper and smoked paprika for garnishing
- Place all ingredients except parsley and paprika in a food processor or a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a medium bowl, garnish with a little more olive oil if desired. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or fresh cilantro, black pepper, and smoked paprika. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
You may also add roasted red bell peppers and roasted garlic in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 780mg
- Fat: 21.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: chipotle hummus