- 8 ounces uncooked quinoa (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (10.8-ounce) package mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stem green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- Rinse quinoa and place it in a slow cooker. Coat quinoa with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add mixed vegetables, minced garlic, then pour broth over the ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Chop onion, green onion, basil, and cilantro. Combine them and set in the fridge.
- Make the dressing by combining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Five minutes before the end of cooking, steam frozen broccoli in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- Drain the steamed broccoli and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir in chopped raw vegetables and herbs, broccoli and the dressing. Mix well and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 655.2mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 49.7g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Protein: 11.7g