Sautéed Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
Bored of broccoli? This sautéed bok choy recipe is the perfect healthy side dish, requiring only six ingredients and 10 minutes to make. Vegan and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables, Sides, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound baby bok choy, rinsed and halved lengthwise
- 10–15 shiitake mushrooms, halved (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Salt to taste
- White sesame seeds for garnishing (optional)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or a frying pan until hot, about 40 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in minced garlic and quickly sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add baby bok choy, followed by shiitake mushrooms. Stir frequently until the bok choy starts to wilt.
- Add coconut aminos. Cook and stir until well combined.
- Taste and add a pinch of salt to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Dish and serve.
If using dried shiitake mushrooms, soak the mushrooms in water for 10-15 minutes until they are soft. Drain then cut in half.