- 1 cup uncooked orzo (6 oz)
- 1 cup tomato, any kind, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsps sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to the instruction on the package. Bring 2 quarts water with a pinch of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add orzo and cook for 9 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- While the orzo is cooking, chop the tomatoes and basil.
- Once the orzo is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Heat up a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl. Once the oil is hot, place tomatoes in the skillet and cook for about 1 minute. Stir occasionally. The tomatoes will make some juice at this point.
- Add sun-dried tomato pesto and stir well with the tomatoes, then fold cooked orzo into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir for another minute or until the sauce is thickened up.
- Turn off the heat, add basil. Stir well and serve warm.
This recipe serves 4 as a side dish and serves 2 as a main dish.
- Serving Size: 4