Chewy chocolate drops drizzled with an easy homemade caramel sauce and topped with chopped nuts! No baking required.
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bars or chips
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Graham crackers, crushed (about 10 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (almond, pecan or peanuts will work fine)
For the Easy Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat. Combine with sour cream. Stir in Graham cracker crumbs and mix well. Cover and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Now, prepare the caramel sauce. Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir gently while cooking for 5-7 minutes, until the sauce gets thicker.
- Add the vanilla and cook another minute. Continue stirring. Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. Leave the jar in the fridge.
- Once the chocolate mixture is firmed up, shape into 1-inch big balls with both of your hands and place them onto a plate.
- Drizzle each chocolate drop with prepared caramel sauce. Sprinkle with chopped nuts on top. Enjoy!
*The Easy Caramel Sauce recipe makes 1 cup sauce.
*These chocolate drops refrigerate very well up to two weeks.
Keywords: chocolate drops