Massaged kale salad tossed with pine nuts and dried cranberries in a delightful oregano lemon salad dressing and topped with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- 1 bunch of curly kale, stems removed and torn
- 1 bunch of Lacinto kale, stems removed and torn
- Olive oil & Salt
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Oregano Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place prepared kale in a large bowl, rinse and drain. Add some olive oil and a pinch of salt and massage kale with both of your hands for about 5 minutes. (This step will help reduce the bitter flavor of the kale. Set aside.)
- Clean hands. Make the vinaigrette by adding Dijon mustard, lemon juice, oregano leaves, salt, red pepper flakes, maple syrup and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth, then slowly add extra virgin olive oil, continue blending until well combined.
- Add pine nuts and dried cranberries into the large bowl with the kale. Pour the vinaigrette over and toss all ingredients together. Transfer the kale salad to a large serving bowl or small bowls for individual servings.
- Use a vegetable peeler, shave some Parmesan cheese on top and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Sodium: 304.4mg
- Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2mg
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 3.2mg
Keywords: massaged kale salad