- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (any variety —white or golden, red, or black quinoa)
- 1 3/4 cups water or low-sodium broth (I prefer to use bone broth.)
- Rinse quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer thoroughy under cool, running water. Rub and swish the quinoa with your hand while rinsing. Drain well.
- Transfer rinsed Quinoa to a small saucepan. Stir in the water or bone broth and bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat down to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes, covered.
- Uncover, Fluff the quiona gently with a fork. If any liquid remains in the bottom of the pan or if the quinoa is still a bit crunchy to your liking, return the pan to low heat and cook, covered, for another 5 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed.