Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Looking for something healthy and savory? Come home to this comforting, slow cooker beef stew recipe, which can be cooked to perfection while you’re at work.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Meat, Main Course
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat or chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups beef bone broth or low-sodium beef stock
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cilantro or fresh parsley (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and ground black pepper together.
- Coat beef with the flour mixture and put it in a crock pot with all the veggies and bay leaf.
- In the same bowl, add beef bone broth or low-sodium beef broth, pressed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Stir and then pour it over all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- Garnish with a few cilantro or parsley leaves (optional) and serve immediately.
This recipe calls for all-purpose flour. If you follow a gluten-free diet, you can try substituting for Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 815mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Cholesterol: 74.8mg