Roasted corn on the cob coated with homemade aioli, paprika, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsps fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- Paprika and grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make a cut around the corn husk at 2 inches from the end. Tear off the husk along the cut. (See photos. This step is to make a handle on each corn.) Remove the hair inside.
- Wrap up each prepared corn with foil and put directly on the oven rack. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While the corn is baking, make the aioli. Smash up the garlic with sea salt in a pestle and mortar (or use the end of a rolling pin in a metal bowl).
- Place egg yolk and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisk until blend. Start adding oil bit by bit, stir vigorously till creamy. Make sure to blend well each time you add a bit oil into the egg yolk mixture.
- When all the oil has gone in and the mixture is thickened, add lemon juice and the smashed garlic with salt. Mix well. Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Stir until even. Taste, season with more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed.
- When corn is done, let cool for a few minutes.
- Coat 2 tablespoons aioli on each corn. Make sure that all sides are covered. Sprinkle with paprika and Parmesan cheese. To finish off, top with the remaining parsley.