Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
Hearty chicken bone broth made in a slow cooker.
- Author: Sharon Chen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 quarts 1x
- Category: Bone Broth, Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds chicken bones (leftover from roasted chicken, preferably organic)
- 1 yellow or white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 8–10 cups of water (or enough to cover ingredients)
- Place chicken bones and all remaining ingredients into a slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cover and cook on low for 12-18 hours.
- Discard all solids and strain the bone broth through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Strain once more through cheesecloth to remove any remaining particles if desired.
- Ladle into airtight jars and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or freeze for future usage.
Keywords: chicken bone broth recipe