Baked French Fries with Chowder and Bacon
Fresh baked french fries drizzled with clam chowder and crispy bacon. These are game-changing fries made healthy and super duper yummy!
- Author: Sharon Chen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 Russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup clam chowder
- 5 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thin matchsticks. (Leave the skin on.) Coat potatoes with oil and toss with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste in a large mixing bowl.
- Line two large baking sheets with foil and generously spray with nonstick cooking spray. Don’t skip this step. It will prevent the potatoes from sticking on the foil.
- Transfer and arrange potatoes on the baking sheets in a single layer. Make sure they don’t touch. This is important to make the fries crispy. Use an additional baking sheet if necessary.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Turn the fries once halfway through baking. (Baking time varies depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries.)
- While the fries are baking, cook bacon pieces in a nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy. Transfer onto a paper towel once done.
- Remove fries from the oven once the edges slightly begin to brown and the fries begin to crisp. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper (freshly ground is better). Dish them out in a shallow bowl. Pour clam chowder (the liquid part) over the fries. Sprinkle with bacon and garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Keywords: baked french fries